Imagine you are traveling for work or for a specific task that you need to accomplish and your Mac laptop is damaged or lost. You get a new Mac, but you only have time to install 8 apps to complete your work. What apps would you install?
At the next Mini’app’les meeting (Tuesday, April 21st, the third Tuesday of the month, at the Hackfactory 3119 E. 26th Street Minneapolis, MN 55406) several people have volunteered to answer that question. We will hear what task they need to finish, what 8 apps they choose, and a brief reason why they picked those 8. The list doesn’t include apps that come with OS X, such as Mail and Pages. And suites of apps, such as Office and Adobe CC, need to be counted as individual apps, such as Word and Photoshop.
There will be time for anyone who wants to share what apps they would pick so you can come and share what apps would be important to you.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Meeting Notes & Links
- Your Stuff Really Is Breaking Faster Than It Used To
- Relive the 1990’s World Wide Web
- Plugging a 1986 Mac Plus into the modern Web
- Amazon Cloud Drive offers Unlimited Photos or Unlimited Everything
- 16 Smartphones That Were Deemed ‘iPhone Killer,’ 2008-2011
- A fantastic hidden iPhone design detail you’ll be shocked you never noticed
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC
- Increase Interface Contrast in OS X Yosemite to Improve Usability
- Photos app floods broadband while seeding the cloud
- iPhoto Library Manager
- Allows you to organize your photos among multiple iPhoto libraries, rather than having to store all of your photos in one giant library.
- When using the Photos app to organize photos on your Mac, PowerPhotos allows you to break your photos up among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of your photos in one giant library.
- The (hard) link between Photos and iPhoto
- An explanation on how the new Photos app links all your photos from iPhoto without duplicating everything.
- How to use Photos for OS X with multiple Macs
- Microsoft PowerPoint for iOS
- Control your slide show on iPhone with PowerPoint Remote for Apple Watch
- OneDrive for iOS
- If you have a new Apple Watch, you can enjoy your OneDrive photos right from your wrist!
- 1,500 iOS apps have HTTPS-crippling bug. Is one of them on your device?