One of the best ways to say a little money on the iTunes stores is to buy discounted gift cards. Today, Staples is selling the $50 iTunes gift card for $40 and the $100 iTunes gift card for $80 with free shipping. According to the product info page, the sale will last till Jan 23rd. I have known these sales to end early. If you buy anything through the iTunes stores, pick one or more of these gift cards up and enjoy a 20% discount on your next app purchase.
The next Mini’app’les meeting is Tuesday, January 19th, the third Tuesday of the month, at the Hackfactory (3119 E. 26th Street Minneapolis, MN 55406). At 6:30 p.m., members of the board and other knowledgable people will be available if you have speciﬁc questions you would like answered. We will do our best to address your question and help you troubleshoot the issue.
At 7:00 p.m., we will look at using iOS devices for maps and navigation. Yes, Siri can easily get you to someplace just by asking. “Give me directions to the nearest coffee shop” for example. Or “give me directions home”. But what if you want to create a GPS trail, or go hiking with topo map, or want to see gas prices along your route? Fortunately there are other options out there for you than just the built-in Maps app. A few different Mini’app’les members will share their experience with solving these and other navigation tasks.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Meeting Notes & Links
- A deep dive into the insane market of absurd counterfeit Apple products
- Cannibalism is good, and other things I learned from 60 Minutes’ Apple report
- 2016 Reality: Lazy Authentication Still the Norm
- Teenager blames Wi-Fi Assist for $2,000 bill as he racks up 144GB of data on his iPhone plan
- AT&T’s new unlimited data plan: Everything you need to know (FAQ)
- Super Browse Integrates Those Secret Netflix Categories Into the Netflix Search Page
- What’s on Netflix
- Exclusive: OS X, iOS through the eyes of 1,000 Apple Store shoppers
- World’s biggest SSD is launched – and it’s a monster 13TB drive
- Antutu:2015 Global TOP 10 Best Performance Smartphones
- New study shines light on one of the iPhone’s biggest advantages over Android
- Sometimes The Grass Really Is Greener On The Other Side – Six Major Things I Think iOS Does Better Than Android
- iPhone 6S vs iPhone 6: the in-depth test
- iOS 9.3 FAQ: What you need to know!
- Our annual Worst Passwords list is out
- When email was a joy, rather than a chore
- Staples $50 iTunes Gift Card deal
- Staples $100 iTunes Gift Card deal
- iOS 9.3 Preview
- 1Password 6 for Mac is here!
- Staying Organized with 1Password for Teams
- Update on 1Password for Teams
Maps & Navigation
- Get There By Bike – Interactive Bike Maps for the Urban Commuter
- Topo Maps for iPad
- Earthmate – GPS for Outdoor or Hunting
- Google Maps
- iExit Interstate Exit Guide
- Roadside America
- Runmeter GPS Pedometer – Running Cycling Walking Jogging Run & Interval Training
- Footpath Route Planner – Running / Cycling / Hiking Maps
- City Maps 2Go » Travel Guide and Offline Map
- Pocket Earth Offline Maps – GPS Navigation, Topographic Contour Map, Travel Guide
- Garmin Navigon
- Curiosity by Tamper