The next Mini’app’les meeting is Tuesday, February 16th, the third Tuesday of the month, at the Hackfactory (3119 E. 26th Street Minneapolis, MN 55406). At 6:30 p.m., members of the board and other knowledgable people will be available if you have speciﬁc questions you would like answered. We will do our best to address your question and help you troubleshoot the issue.
After talking about some of the current news, we look at media streaming at 7:00 p.m.. There is of course iTunes and AppleTV, but there are other options that might fit your setup better. Several people have different solutions and will share them tomorrow. We will cover some tips and tricks that can make streaming media easier for you regardless of how you want to do it.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Meeting Notes & Links
- Pointers Extra: Recovering your iPhone from a January 1, 1970 crash
- ‘Other’ storage on your iPhone and iPad explained
- Never mind encryption, 1 in 3 Android devices don’t even use lock screen PINs
- 3 Ways Experts and Users Disagree on Smartphones
- Here’s where iPhones are the most expensive — and the cheapest
- Apple’s iPad Pro outsold Microsoft’s entire Surface lineup over the holidays
- Class-Action Lawsuit Against Seagate Built On Questionable Backblaze Reliability Report
- The State of LTE
- How Much Data Does a FaceTime Call Use?
- People are being super mean to Tim Cook about his blurry Super Bowl photo
- Why you should use your iPhone with a Bluetooth keyboard as your main travel computer
- VPNify.me – World’s First Localized VPN Speed Testing Tool-Find The Fastest VPN
- Approach to runway 27R Heathrow Airport visit london approach london landing pilot
- Peter’s streaming media setup presentation
- AntennaWeb – Determine antenna location/direction
- HDHomeRun – OTA/cable TV tuners
- MCEBuddy – Convert video files for optimized playback/cut commercials/rename files for Plex
- Comskip – Cut out tv commercials
- Roku – Stream media on TV
- Plex – Media player and server
- MakeMKV – Rip/transcode DVDs into files
- HandBrake – Rip/transcode DVDs into files
- Roxio Easy VHS to DVD
- gPodder – Download video podcasts and YouTube videos