EDC (Everyday Carry) & Day Trip Carry Items
- Otterbox Commuter Series Sleek & Tough Phone Cases
- Black Diamon Equipment – Hiking Headlamp | Rechargeable Headlamps Equipment
- OontZ Bluetooth Speakers
- Clif Bar – Cool Mint Chocolate
- Topo Designs Daypack | Recycled Laptop Backpack
- Was made in USA
- Lifetime warranty
- Recycled nylon
- Looks like a 1970’s old-school backpack (green with red trim looks a lot like some of the daypack on the original Land of the Lost television series, which is where I get all my fashion advice)
- Field Notes | Memo Books, Notebooks, Journals & Planners
- Ugmonk Analog Notecards
- Yaktrax Walk Traction Device
- Nalgnee Ultralite HPDE 16oz Narrow Mouth Bottle
- Cub tub
- My EDC writing tools are the X-701 Retractable Ballpoint, a Koh-i-Noor Mechanical Hardtmuth Lead Holder and a Sherpa Classic Midnight Black Pen/Sharpie Marker Cover – Sherpa Pen in a Hide & Drink Leather Pocket Protector.
- The knife I most often carry is the Maker Knife by Giaco Whatever/Placed Atoms. Unfortunately, the Maker Knife is in limited production and is hard to get. Readily available, budget-friendly alternatives include the Gerber EAB Lite and Milwaukee FASTBACK™ Compact Folding Utility Knife. I use Cool Hand Ceramic Utility Blades in all of my EDC utility knives. (I wrote about these knives and more in The Unsung Heroes of EDC | Reddit.)
- My favorite knife for fooling around on Boats (or for working with cordage) is the David Boye Cobalt Folding Boat Knife. If you’re in the market for something a bit less artisanal, the Camillus 6.5 Ti Folding Rigging Knife is affordable, very serviceable, and features a locking spike.
- My current favorite large folding knife is The Seax by Emerson Knives, Inc. Made in the USA. Kershaw manufacturers smaller, less expensive (imported) versions of Emerson designs like the Kershaw 6014TBLK Emerson Designed CQC-3K Knife.
- My favorite pocket pliers are the KNIPEX Cobra® XS Water Pump Pliers | Knipex The handles of mine are covered with a Single Strand French Hitch.
- Though it isn’t my favorite marlin spike, I often travel with the Knotters Tool II by Jig Pro Shop.
- My multitool kit includes a Leatherman Charge + TTI, Bit Kit, and Bit Driver Extender. There’s also a Ti Survival Titanium Marlin Spike and Fenix LD02 Flashlight in the Skinth Solutions L Shield belt case.
- I neglected to mention that the band for my Apple Watch is also a multitool, the Leatherman Tread.
- The headlamp I carry in my EDC kit is an earlier version of the e+LITE® – Ultra-compact-headlamps | Petzl USA.
- The wallet I’m carrying is a knockoff of the bespoke Ridge Wallet. Mine accommodates an AirTag. The link is to a model nearly identical to mine — the closest that I could find. Search around for the best deal on similar products. (I really dig the versions that have a clear window on the back for your work ID-badge.)
- My car key fob hangs from a Titanium Quick Draw Belt Clip. I often attach a Nitecore TINI2 flashlight to that clip too.
- My go to rucksack is the GoRuck Echo, which is now renamed the GR0. Mine has been modified with a Quick Release Paracord Handle Wrap and a Soft Shackle (Stronger).
- A Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer serves as my everyday tech pouch. My larger travel tech kit rides in the Peak Design Tech Pouch I use the Maxpedition Gear Tactical Travel Tray as a landing pad for my stuff in hotel rooms.
- Troika KYR60 Keyring
- Troika KYR60 Keyring (Amazon)
- Victorinox Swiss Army Midnite MiniChamp Multi-Tool Ruby
- Victorinox Swiss Army Midnite MiniChamp Multi-Tool Ruby (Amazon)
- Sanfeya 64GB 2-in-1 USB-C/A 3.0 Thumb Drive (Amazon)
- Waterfield Finn Wallet International Black Leather
- Alpine Rivers RFID Blocking Sleeves
- Alpine Rivers RFID Blocking Sleeves (Amazon)
- Travelon Anti-Theft Urban Tablet Messenger Bag
- Migeec AirTag Holder Soft Silicone AirTag case 4 Pack (Amazon)
- Nite Ize S-Biner MicroLock, Locking Key Holder, Stainless-Steel (Amazon)
- Victorinox Swiss Army Cyber Tool M
- Victorinox Swiss Army Cyber Tool M (Amazon)
- DaJo Adventure Gear Herculight flashlight
- Pentel GraphGear 1000 Mechanical Pencil 0.5mm (Amazon)
- Zebra Pen X-701 Tactical Retractable Ballpoint Pen (Amazon)
- Moleskine Cahier Journal, Soft Cover, Pocket (3.5″ x 5.5″) Dotted (Set of 3) (Amazon)
- Nitecore NB10000 Gen II (Gen 2) Ultra-Slim 10000mAh QC Quick-Charge Power Bank (Amazon)
- Volta GIGA 33W GaN Charger
- Giga GIGA 130W/200W GaN Charger
- Volta Spark Fast Charger Cable with USB-C & Lightning Magnetic adapters
- Anker Powerline+ II Lightning Cable (3ft) (Amazon)
- iFory Watch Charger with Dual Port USB-C and Lightning (Amazon)
- Thule Lithos Backpack
- BAGSMART – Glendora Electronics Organizer Accessories Case
- AUKEY CB-C75 USB C Hub Adapter
- Slim Minimalist, Tactical Wallet, Carbon Fiber Wallet with Money Clip, Wallet Compatible with AirTag, RFID Blocking, Holds 15 Credit Cards Plus Cash (Amazon)
- Wireless Charging Station, 3 in 1 Fast Charging Station (Amazon)
- Anker USB-C Docking Station 575 (13-in-1), 85W Charging for Laptop, 18W Charging for Phone, Triple Display, 4K HDMI, 10 Gbps USB-C and 5 Gbps USB-A Data, Ethernet, Audio, SD 3.0 (Amazon)